The Master Builders Award was developed by the Grand Lodge to recognize newly made Masons who have worked diligently to engage in the activities of their Lodge, their District and the Fraternity as a whole.
Each participant is required to complete several courses via the Grand Lodge’s online education system, as well as complete a personal Masonic journey through other avenues of the Fraternity. Once a candidate has completed the program, he submits the program form to his Worshipful Master, who forwards it on to the District Deputy Grand Master for review and submission.
An applicant for this award must complete all of the following:
- Attend a Stated Meeting of your home lodge.
- Attend an Extra Meeting of your home lodge.
- Attend at least one meeting of another lodge in your District.
- Serve as greeter for one of your lodge’s Stated Meetings.
- Attend an Official Visitation of the DDGM within your District.
- Attend at least one of your lodge’s fellowship events.
- Assist in a fundraising event held by your lodge (if applicable).
- Completion of your Blue Lodge’s Mentor Program as required by the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania’s Education Committee.
- Attend a youth group meeting within your District or region.
- Assist the Secretary or other members in contacting members in danger of being suspended to discuss with them what you believe to be the benefits of their Masonic membership.
An applicant for the award must complete three of the following:
- Participate in a degree conferred by your lodge.
- Be the first-line signer on a petition for membership in your lodge.
- Contact a brother who has not attended lodge in the last six months and invite him to accompany you to the next Stated Meeting. (The brother must accept and attend in order for these criteria to be completed.)
- Assume responsibility for arranging a Masonic Education program for your lodge. This may be done by you or by someone else via your invitation with the Worshipful Master’s approval.
- Attend a Quarterly Communication of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania.
- Attend either a stated meeting of The Pennsylvania Lodge of Research or the Academy of Masonic Knowledge.
Download and complete the form below.